This guide is written for companies offering remittance services. It utilizes multiple custom fields specific to remittance integrations, such as receiver information, transfer route/corridor, and the pickup branch identifier, as well as any other relevant fraud information you want to send. Use Sift Scores to stop fraudsters from executing money transfers that result in chargebacks.
Send User Events
A core integration includes the following (when applicable):
Integrate your website
Integrate your mobile app
Integrate your events
User creates an account
- If users can create accounts, send a $create_account event.
- If a user updates their account information (payment methods and other updates), send an $update_account event.
- If users can remit money anonymously, follow our tutorial.
User remits money
- When a user remits money, send a $create_order event with custom fields such as:
'pickup_branch'(for in-person pickup)
You interact with a payment gateway or bank
Send Feedback to Sift
One of the key strengths of the Sift Science platform is that as you give it feedback it continues to learn and adapt to patterns. By providing continuous feedback on who your good and bad users are, we will evolve our detection and improve the accuracy of risk scores. You’ll be able to stop bad actors even as they change their attack vectors. In addition to sending an optional historical backfill:
- Create a Feedback focused Workflow where you review high scoring users and tell us how well we are predicting your fraudsters.
- If you are already doing manual review in your existing system, just send the outcome of each review to our Labels API
Once you’re up and running with Sift, continuing to send feedback will improve your score accuracy in real-time, catching bad users as soon as they appear. This is an important part of a successful integration.
Make Decisions with Sift
Scores are an indication of how risky a user is for a given abuse type. You can use these scores
as a means to block bad users, add friction to users you are unsure about (e.g., SMS verification), and let good users sail right through. You’ll want to make this check at the
- Create a Sift Workflow You can build application logic into Sift with our Workflow product. Workflows let you set up criteria that get evaluated whenever specified events occur. Learn more in our Workflows tutorial.
- Build application logic in your system An alternate approach is to request abuse specific risk scores to be returned in the response of the user events you send. See our API documentation
Any questions? We're happy to talk it through.